Searching still or satisfied?


 ... "Sitting in the parking lot of the school where I learned to read, I believe I make a hometown discovery—that home isn’t somewhere out there, but somewhere in here [in me]. Maybe my trip to Columbus was about going back and remembering where I began, returning to the scene of the crime where the denying of my true self started. The front seat of a rental car became a bench for my soul as I looked out into the field behind my elementary school. I sat down on the inside with Christ, and there found home. Home was myself, hidden beneath the skin, the veins, the bone; tucked into the invisible place where God lives keeping company with me. In that small moment, I caught a glimpse of the kingdom of God.... it’s good to consider that home is a Person we bring with us rather than a destination we’re trying to find..."

Extract from 'Simply Tuesday' by Emily P. Freeman


Matthew 13:45

“The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.  When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

Moral of this storyWe are all searching for something in this journey called life (whether consciously or subconsciously).  We are searching for something tangible, comforting, sustaining and 'real'. Something we can anchor ourselves to and be held safe and securely in all aspects of our lives (tell me I'm wrong???).  


We look for it in people, family, work, leisure, places, etc., but when we have all these things, we still feel this longing for something more! We may try to stuff this itch, deny it, ignore it, suppress it with busyness (business even). We may use possessions to try and fill our lives with some meaningfulness and purpose. Still, all our searching won't ever go away until this 'itch' is satisfied.  


This itch...this longing can only ever be satisfied in Jesus. Jesus is the 'pearl' we search for (for want of putting it another way).  If you have Jesus, you possess something very precious indeed, and the Kingdom of Heaventhe very thing we subconsciously yearn foris actually within you.  


The question is, "are you searching still or satisfied?"  

Christian or non-Christian - this question is for you!!!!

Got questions, click here

Popular Posts